Should I Repair Or Replace My Garage Door?
Whether your garage door is damaged or it’s simply getting towards the end of its functional life, there will come a time when you will be faced with the following dilemma: should I repair or replace my garage door? One of the key factors here, of course, is safety. Although trying to save money where possible is something to keep in mind, ultimately, you want to make sure that you are not putting yourself or your family at risk.
Signs That You Need a New Garage Door:
Sometimes, while it’s tempting to think that some tinkering will get it back up and running, the signs that you need a new garage door simply can’t be ignored:
- You can’t find the parts: If your garage door is very old, there’s a chance that you won’t be able to find spare parts to fix it, no matter how hard you look on the web.
- Your door has been struck hard: While many of us are guilty of merely bumping into our garage door after a long, draining day at work, if the collision was really substantial, then a repair won’t cut it.
- You haven’t fixed a damaged panel: We’ve all been there: putting a task off for so long that it becomes considerably more taxing down the line. If you have failed to get a garage door panel fixed, your entire door will have become weaker as a result and will probably need replacing.
Signs That Your Garage Door Needs to be Repaired:
If possible, we would much rather just get our garage door repaired, and the scenarios below will give you the green light to do just that:
- Scratches and scrapes: If like we mentioned earlier, you simply scuffed your garage door by bumping into it, your door won’t require a replacement. A lick of paint will do the trick.
- Slow running speed: If your garage door is running slower than usual, it’s very unlikely that it will need replacing. In most cases, simply taking a look at the tracks and giving them a good clean should be enough to get your garage door back up to speed again.
- A noisy door: While you will need to call a garage door technician to check, if you’re garage door is noisy, this is probably a problem with the springs and can be repaired by a professional.
Dimension Garage Doors have specialised in providing high quality, ultra-secure automated and manual garage doors that are reliable and affordable throughout the North West of England for over 20 years. For more information on services including supplying, installing, maintenance and repairs of garage doors, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our professional team would be more than happy to discuss the security benefits of each garage door with you personally.